Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Party Time! (No, not really...)




I have a reason I have not posted in a while!  Really I do.  It appears that the last time I wrote, my body was getting ready to start making another baby.  And since then...my body has been exhausted by said baby making. (Not the funny-business kind of "baby-making."  Actual baby growing.)   I'm nauseated all the time, fall asleep on the couch no later than 8, and pretty much feel like crap!  (Please refer to the first three posts of this blog for more details.  It's a repeat, folks.)

One of the really great things about having your second baby though is that you nearly immediately have a full-on belly!  Yay for me.    Of course, it's still not the round cute little basketball looking belly.  It's just the belly that makes your pants not fit.  Although good thing for me I never quite grew out of wearing my maternity jeans!  (I just love that stretchy waistband...)  So, I just continue to wear the same stretchy pants I've been wearing for the past, oh  let's see, 18 months now, and I feel really good about that.

Some interesting facts: I will have been pregnant for two New Year's Eves in a row, two Valentine's Days and Super Bowls, and two birthdays!  Good times.  I'm telling you, come October, I will be a partying fool.  Babycakes should make his or her arrival sometime in September, I'll give my self a couple of weeks recoup, and then it's on like Donkey Kong.

So, yes, Noah will have a very close little sibling here soon.  Not sure how he'll feel about sharing me.  But I will say, he is a very independent little man.  He goes headstrong into every obstacle and adventure in his path.  Or is it head first?  Both, in this case I suppose.  But he is a tough cookie and as Grandma says, very advanced, very advanced.

He's crawling like a speed demon every where, and pulling himself up and cruising around.  His expanding palate now appreciates chunky stew, mashed bananas and apples, puffs, and our fine selection of wood furniture.  He has three sort of odd looking vampire teeth appearing up top, and the two little buck teeth down below.  He possesses a full head of man-like, thick luxurious hair, which is slightly strange but nevertheless adorable.  And he is working on getting to be 3 feet tall (32.5 inches and counting...)

He is still the happiest baby on the block, and has this amazing belly laugh that I can't get enough of. And boy can he sleep!  He's actually quite perfect.  Not that I'm biased.

And he's almost one.  Which makes me want to cry.  Pretty soon Daddy will start being the favorite and I'll get tossed aside. Sigh.  But until then I've got a leg up and I won't let it go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....I'm so happy you've posted again! Congratulations on Baby #2, even if it's a complete suprise to your life...and your system! It's crazy how fast they grow...and we heard it about ourselves during our young lives, and now we're learning why! Here's hoping for a healthy pregnancy and another healthy little bundle of joy for your crazy baby adventures! By the way, Fletcher asks for Daddy all day long, and says Daddy. He still doesn't say Mommy...so I oftentimes feel like I'm tossed aside too, even though I've been with him every day and night of his little spoiled rotten life! It'll be interesting though in a few weeks or sooner, when he has to share me!

    ReplyDelete